Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shooting on The Rock


I am working in the US at the moment and managed to shoot Neil (a co-working) in Dillon Colorado.  He wants some photos of him standing a rock.  This is a business trip so I did not carry a lot of stuff with me.  I fitted my Nikon SB26 a monopod and it was held by hand with a helper.  I use on my PT04 radio trigger to trigger the flash.  For this shoot, I used my 50mm f1.8 lens on my Canon 550D.



One evening after work, we went to a couple of rocks I saw a few days before with Neil and our assistant Peter.  The location is steep and full of rocks.  There was no way a light stand can be used.  Peter will have to had hold the flash attached to a monopod.

Peter holding flash attached to monopod
The condition was overcast which made it easy to under expose the ambient condition.  I shot at 1/200s at f8 and had the flash zoomed to 24mm at 1/2 power.  IThe shoot was very short and only lasted 30 minutes, but we got some great shots.  I am very happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment