Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Shooting with Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Lens

The Sigma 60mm f2.8 DN is a lens I've heard a lot of good things for portraits.  Since I only shoot with Micro Four Thirds cameras I want a slightly longer portrait lens option.  However, this lens is discontinued by Sigma.  The only lens on eBay was from Germany.  Then I saw one at MPB Photographic for £92 shipped.  At that price it can not get any cheaper.  If I don't like it, I can sell it on eBay for virtually the same money.  I must say I do not like the focus ring as it is totally smooth!  Although I don't focus manually much.  The lens hood is very short for this focal length.and may get hold of an alternative hood in future.  Apart from that, it feels solid and well built.

The first photoshoot after receiving this lens was a is a park with Charlotte.  As it is a F2.8 lens, I shot all photos wide open at F2.8.  It was midday and I used a Godox flash in high speed sync mode to add fill light.  Rather than writing more, I will just share the photos from the shoot.

All photos, Olympus OMD EM1 Mk2, Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN, model Charlotte Daintelle









I am very happy with the output of this lens.  The photos are sharpe and focus accurate.  Also the out of focus background is pleasing to look at.  Focus speed is not as fast (but not slow) as Olympus lenses I have.  But it is more than fast enough for portraits.  Overall, it is a great lens and I am keeping it.  For the cost you can pick it up, it is a bargain.  I almost forgot to mention, the lens rattles when powered off, but is is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment