Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Yashica 24 TLR Camera Shoots 120 Films
This is not a review of this camera (yes it is a great camera and I love the f2.8 viewing lens). It is just to answer questions online about shooting 120 films with this camera. Yashica 24 was released to shoot 220 films. Many people believes it is not possible to shoot 120 films with it. This is not the case at all.
Inside the film chamber of my camera, there are starting marks for 220 film. However, it has marking for 120 film also. Some people mentioned the pressure plate and film thickness difference between 120 and 220 films. Since Yashica put marking for 120 films in the camera, they must have tested the camera with it. I doubt the thickness of the backing paper makes any difference. I have shot two rolls of 120 films through the camera with out problem. Film spacing was good. So there you have it, if you wondered if Yashica 24 can shoot 120 films, the answer is yes. The only thing you have to do after shooting 12 frames is to shoot four blank frames before opening the back to unload the film. Some people shoots 12 blank frames but I found shooting four is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment